Characteristics of Alkane
General Formul is CnH2n+2.
1. Alkanes are present in Natural gas ant Petroleum.
2. Alkanes are Less Reactive
3. Alkanes have Low Melting Point
4. Alkanes are Soft
5. Alkanes are Crystalline in solids.
6. Alkane contain non polar molecules.
7. Alkanes are also less reactive to many laboratory reagents.
8. If the numbers of molecule increases then the melting and boiling points of alkane also increases.
9. Melting point increase due to strong intermolecular forces.If the weight of molecule is higher than the more 10. electrons are present.
Writer M Sulaiman